An Encroachment Permit is required whenever work is to be performed within the street or alley rights-of-way in the City of Newman, as stated by Ordinance No. 209, 8-26-1958.
Public Works Frequently Asked Questions
Generally if a tree is between the sidewalk and the street it is a city tree and the resident should call Public Works at 209-862-4448. If the tree is between the sidewalk and the house it is the property owners tree and is required to be maintained by the property owner.
The sewer line from the house to the main line in the street is the responsibility of the property owner. Please be advised that any work performed in the City’s right of way (back edge of the sidewalk into the street) requires an encroachment permit from the Public Works Department. Please call 209-862-4448 for more information.
- Community Development
- Newman Downtown Plaza Phase 2
- Highway 33 Specific Plan Update
- T Street Corridor Improvement and Multi-Benefit Community Connectivity Plan
- Public Works
- Flood Information
- Water Conservation Program
- Newman Urban Forestry Management Plan
- Street Light Repair Request Form
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Consumer Confidence Reports
- Measure L