Our mission is to serve the Newman Community through the enforcement of local and State animal control laws. We are committed to administering the proper care and housing of impounded animals, offering low cost vaccination clinics, and providing education, enforcement and resources to promote spay and neutering.
Animal Services / Animal Control
Animal Control Contact
- For animal emergencies call 9-1-1
- For all non-emergency animal issues (209) 243-2399
- After hour calls should be made to (209) 243-2399
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have dogs and cats available for adoption at the Newman Animal Shelter.
The shelter hours are Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM, please call (209) 862-2902 to set up an appointment.
Please Call (209)862-2902 to request more information on adopting.
- Dog Adoption $140
- Cat adoption $75
All residents of the City are required to maintain a license for each dog that resides on the property. License applications can be downloaded below or obtained at the Newman Police Department located at 1200 Main Street. Completed applications must be submitted to Police Department; where a license will be issued. Proof of current rabies vaccination and spay/neuter certificate, if applicable, is required at the time the application is submitted.
- Altered dog license fee: $12.00-1-year license (Senior Citizen 50% discount)
- Unaltered dog license fee: $150- 1-year license (Senior Citizen 50% discount)
Community Cat Program
This program is directed towards community’s feral cats. The program is designed to gather community cats so they can be spayed/neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, and returned to their location. The program helps with disease control and is intended to decrease the community cat population.
Do Not Trap Cats
Please contact our Animal Control Officer for help. (209) 862-2902
Solutions to Cat-Related Issues:
- Voluntary Cat license fee: $12.00-1-year license
Low-Cost Animal Clinics
The City hosts low-cost animal clinics twice a year; one in May and one in October. A limited number of dog and cat vouchers are available to those with proof of residency within the City of Newman. Additional information can be found on the Newman Animal Shelter Facebook page.
The Newman Animal shelter relies heavily on volunteer participation. If you would like to become a volunteer for the animal shelter, please pick up an application at the Newman Police Department.
The City of Newman’s Dog Park is located at 1269 Marapole Ln, Newman, CA 95360
- Community Development
- Newman Downtown Plaza Phase 2
- Highway 33 Specific Plan Update
- T Street Corridor Improvement and Multi-Benefit Community Connectivity Plan
- Public Works
- Flood Information
- Water Conservation Program
- Newman Urban Forestry Management Plan
- Street Light Repair Request Form
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Consumer Confidence Reports
- Measure L